Monday, February 22, 2010

Why I Selected This Quote As A Heading

My relationship with books is very strong. I am the sort of person who mourns the end of a good book. I usually spend a few days after finishing it sulking, thinking I'll never read a book quite as good; but I always manage to prove myself wrong.

I see myself in this selected quote because I always find a good book transports me to other times and places and makes me feel like I'm a part of its' plot. I especially find this in books written in first person. You can almost feel as though you've known the main character/s your whole life by the end of a good novel. For me, at the end of a great book, I feel as though I'm leaping out of the characters' skin and feel a bit dazed for a moment, just grasping the fact that I've actually finished the story.

So I selected this quote because it tells of books taking us on journeys in the most extraordinary places with the most fascinating people which, I feel is what the treasure of reading is all about.

-Gillian B.

1 comment:

  1. This quote was well selected, for very compelling reasons.

    ReplyDelete