Friday, March 5, 2010

This Reminds Me of......


I have now started another book entitled Sister Wife by Shelley Hrdlitschka.
(Please bare in mind while reading this that I am currently only two chapters of the way in.)

"Today I’m reminded of the story the 'Pied Piper'. He -- wandered into town playing a flute. The music appeared to cast a spell on the children, and they followed him everywhere."(Shelley Hrdlitschka, Sister Wife, pg.2)

This quote reminds me of my friends and I in one way. When still in elementary school, my friends and I used to help out some teachers by watching their primary students over lunch hours. At first, the kids and ourselves felt a little awkward but we very soon adapted and got along quite well. So much so, that we often had the kids fluttering around us for almost anything. From opening thermoses, to playing checkers; they hounded us for everything. At some points, the kids would have to take turns asking for our help or company.

~Gillian B.

No comments:

Post a Comment